Nurturing children since 1952
The Nursery School opened in 1952 with a single class. In 1960 we expanded and moved into our present space in the Mellin-McNab Church House, designed by distinguished architect Edgar Tafel. Our school enjoys four large and bright classrooms, a studio for wood working and art, a roof top playground, indoor play space, a lending library, as well as expansive gardens and lawn.
In its sixty-five years, the nursery school has responded to the needs and interests of its children and families in many ways, including the addition of programs for younger children, early arrivals and extended day programming, as well as an early summer program. Project A.P.P.L.E. (A Place for Planting, Learning and Eating) provides healthy snack choices, cooking, baking and gardening opportunities.