WELCOME

The Nursery School opened in 1952 with a single class. In 1960 it was able to expand and move into its present quarters in the Mellin-McNab Church House, designed by distinguished architect Edgar Tafel. Four large classrooms on the fourth floor, overlooking the Church gardens, are well suited to the needs of young children, providing ample space, light, and facilities.

In its fifty-plus years, the Nursery School has responded to the needs and interests of its children and families in many ways, including the addition of programs for younger children, afterschool activities, an early summer program, parenting classes, a lending library, and program enhancements such as the music and movement program to complement the woodworking classes which have been a hallmark of FPCNS since its early days.